We believe in one eternal God who exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. And that the Lord Jesus Christ is both God and man and is the only One who can reconcile us to God. We believe the Bible is God’s Word that is accurate, authoritative, and applicable to our everyday lives.
Additionally, we believe:
- the world’s approach with money will ultimately fail us, but God’s way leads to joy & peace with money, contentment, and plenty to give generously. (2 Cor 9:8)
- everything we have is all God’s, we are simply managers of what He has entrusted to us. (Matt 25:14-30, Psalm 24:1)
- you can’t serve God & money, but you can serve God with money. So regardless of how much we are entrusted to manage, we refuse to let money be our master, but God alone. (Matt 6:24)
- in giving first. Not waiting until you have extra so you can give the leftovers. And not only that but we believe in preferring others and giving the best. (2 cor 9:6-11, Pro 11:25, Pro 3:9)
- debt-free living is absolutely worth seeking, but there is much more to our financial lives than just paying off debt. (Pro 22:7)
- God is our unfailing source and supply, therefore we refuse to place our trust in our bank account, employer, the government, or anything other than God. He may use those to provide, but ultimately He alone is the source. (Phil 4:19)
- financial challenges are inevitable (regardless of income). Therefore we lovingly lift each other up and encourage each other with grace and humility. (John 16:33, 1 Thes 5:11)
- trying to manipulate God into making you rich doesn’t work. It’s kind of like marrying someone for money. It’s just a shell of a relationship. Like any good father, we believe God loves to bless His kids, but chasing the provision rather than the provider is a mistake. Jesus is our priceless treasure far more valuable than any material blessing. (Matt 7:11, Psalm 84:11)
- that God actually wants to invade our finances, not to store up treasures for ourselves on earth, but so that we can be conduits of the blessing in our lives. We believe that we are blessed to be a blessing. (Matt 6:19, Psa 67:7)
Is this what you believe too?
And a few more common questions that we get in case you were curious:
Do you belong to a local church?
Yes, we are church people. As long as we have been following Jesus we have been actively involved in our local church.
What do you believe about tithing?
Lot’s of things. Check out this article (tithing in the new testament) to get a lot of my thoughts about it.
How are you different than Dave Ramsey?
Well, we have the same haircut and live in the same town, so… But seriously, like millions of others, we have been greatly influenced by Dave we are grateful for his work for the Kingdom. But there are some key differences that you can read about here.